Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not keeping up

I seriously wish I had time to write more, but I don't.  Work, family and training have consumed every waking hour.  So here are a few more pics of my training in Boise, ID last week.  Training has been lots of running and some swimming.  Biking has been limited to weekends.

Going up...


Garmin tracking... pace shows I stopped to take a lot of photos.




 My goal is to make it to that green rectangle at the upper right corner.  That's the peak of the foothills outside Boise.


Well marked trails.


Don't stray too far from the trail.


Lots of beautiful scenery.


I started running at 5:15AM and by 7AM the sun had caught up with me.


I've done more trail running in the last month than I've done in the last 10 years.  I forgot how beautiful it can be out there.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome trails to run! I wish we had something like that in Memphis! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boise is about 6 hours from where my mom lives in Montana. Those pictures are beautiful! I love the one that says "live artillery shells"! Really?? Have you seen any kinds of animals out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coy, I did see a deer that was hopping around the hills. It went over a ridge before I could get a picture. I also saw a fox, of all places in Boise when I was done with my run.

      Delete